Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What time is it?

Ben is so funny with time. He doesn't get it. He has always had trouble with 'yesterday' and 'tomorrow'; he still won't say 'tomorrow' he says 'next day'. Or if he does say tomorrow, it is for a few days away. And if we say we are going to do something in a week or a month, forget it. He wakes up in the morning and is so disappointed that we aren't doing it today. I try and explain but it just doesn't make sense to him. Then he will try and explain it to me and I am equally as confused as he is when I explain it to him. A few days ago I was saying something about 'last night' and he said, "Mommy, the last night is the night before you're dead." He also mixes up 'breakfast, lunch and dinner'. It is so weird to me that a 5 year old still gets mixed up with those. I'll say "What do you want for lunch?" and he says, "You mean breakfast, we already had lunch." I try and try to help him understand, even breaking up the word breakfast, "After sleeping all night you 'break' your 'fast'." but he still can't figure it out. Is he dyslexic? Or do a lot of kids have this? I guess he'll just have to rely on his looks to get into college. :)

No comments: