Monday, June 30, 2008

Diggy

This is our pet Diggy. Also known as Diggs, Digger, or Turty. He is a tortoise but it's just easier to call him a turtle. We got him on Christmas Eve from a neighbor. He was even more tiny than this when we got him. The kids were so excited to get him. They love to watch him eat when he comes out of his little cave. So do I. It's so fascinating to see how a slow little turtle bites off his food. His favorite food to eat is kale. He LOVES to sleep a lot. He is a fun little pet for us.

4 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Does he smell? we had one when I was little and he stuck so bad we had to take him back. He was cute though! Was yours a Christmas present?

lindsey v said...

He was a present from me to the kids. Suprisingly he doesn't smell. I was prepared for a little smell but there is hardly any. He is a desert tortoise so he doesn't get wet much. We use shredded coconut husk for his floor. I don't know if that helps absorb smells or what.

Chelsea said...

I didn't know you had a turtle!! He is cute.. I bet your kids love him. How fun!!

Brynn said...

You are a nice mom. I won't let me kids have a pet. Someday... maybe a chia pet.