I am such a baby-talker when I talk to my babies. I've done it with all of them. It's so hard not to. When they start learning to talk I try to pronounce things better so they don't learn wrong things but when they're little, I just can't help it. The only difference with baby #3 is that now my older ones either a. make fun of me or b. copy me exactly and I hear just how very silly I sound. "Where's a coot wittow babies?" "Is a hungys?" (That doesn't even make sense. Who says that?) and "Sooo pittys". Yes, every one of those has come out of my mouth more than once (every day). At first when my kids would copy me I would be mortified at how they sounded because I realized that was how I sounded and I would try not to do it so exaggerated. But it just came right back and now I don't even mind and hardly notice when they copy me.
I've been wanting to put pictures of all my kids when they were babies together and compare them. In these pics they are each
around 6 months old. I'm suprised at how different they all look. I thought they all looked so similar but these show that they weren't.

Elli

Ben

Addie
I don't know, they probably look similar to people looking at our family but I think they look so different. When Brian's brother Steve first saw Elli as a baby, the first thing he said was, "Where's her eyebrows?" I guess they all have the light eyebrows in common. Elli already had her super fair skin. Ben definitely had a few pounds on the girls. And Addie's head isn't as big as Elli's and Ben's were. It's so fun to see how they change as they get older. Makes me wonder what Addie will look like.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, you have the cutest kids. I hope mine are even half that cute. I can see what you're talking about, though. I think Ben has the chubbiest cheeks. :) So cute.
Are you kiddin me! They look so much alike to me. They are so cute.
They do look the same Linds! They all have a little bit of their own, but........ I was wondering if I could borrow your poem....and I'll post it in your comments or something!!!
NEVER!!!
Post a Comment