Certain words bug me when they're mispronounced, like:
Fustrated instead of frustrated. This one is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.
Nucular instead of nuclear. This one used to bug me more than it does now. Ever since the whole Bush thing it's not as bad. It makes me kind of laugh when he does it. I like him, I think he's a smart man but let's face it, some of the things he says just make me laugh, shake my head and sigh.
Evingston instead of Evanston. I know, this one is a city, not a word but when I worked at Wal-Mart after high school, I heard this one lady go on and on about her trip to "Evingston" and I was like did she just say Evingston? Yes, she did. I've heard it several times since and it is awful to hear!
3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. My dad is from Maine and whenever we would go visit my Grandma there she would never pronounce her 'r's. My sister and Iwould just smile at each other when she would say 'ca' instead of 'car'.
I am with you on this one Linds. There are a few words that bug me. I don't like it when people say Zi-on (Zion's National Park). I had a teacher that always said, Monde (Monday), Tuesde (Tuesday), Wednesde (Wednesday), etc, I don't think it would have bugged me as much if she wasn't so mean to me. I guess it depends on where you grew up. In California people make fun of the words I say.
'expecially' is my all time worst. There is not an 'x' in the word. Everyone pleast start saying 'eSpecially'!!!
Post a Comment