Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Here come the chompers!


Addie's top 2 front teeth have finally broken through! Yay!!! She's been a little behind in the teeth department. Now she can bite into things. By that I mean food things. Not really fingers or other things that I don't want her to bite. That's not what I'm cheering for. Before she could only just mush things up with her gums (and bottom teeth). Look out food! By the way this picture was taken a few weeks ago so she did not have the top teeth yet. She was just pretty much sucking on the carrot. Also, don't mind her dirty shirt, it was evening and close to the time of taking off the dirty clothes.

Her doctor said at her 1 year appt. that from 12 months to 18 months they go from saying 0 words to about 10! One month ago (at her 1 year appt.) she could only say, "Dada". She has already picked up a few more since then. So far she says:

Dada
ball
turtle
boo
Mama
uh-oh
and in sign language she says "moon" and "milk"

This is seriously such a fun time when they start saying things. I love it! Their teeny little voices are just music to my ears!

6 comments:

sinika said...

That's a perfect way to describe it- MUSIC! It is so fun to hear all her new words! I even think Ollie's little talking is music still. What happens between then and 5? Ha!

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

How fun! I remember when Amanda first started to talk, everything was NO!

Nielson said...

She makes the cutest little bugs bunny!!! I love it! And I love their words--so sweet!

Esmi said...

Oh, Addie is so cute!
I have been in facebook couple months now and I have no idea whats the meaning of it.

Chelsea said...

It is so fun to hear them "talk" I love it too, they have so much to say!!

Tagen and Eric said...

Cute picture! Can't wait to hear her say "frozen custard" because I guess we'd just have to go, right? Regarding your comment on back pain :o) my main focus isn't on back pain, its on getting sick people well and any problem that has a connection to the nervous system (i.e. Thyroid problems (from new research) blood pressure, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, etc.