Tuesday, May 26, 2009

True story:

She's just irresistable to strangers. Ha! Just kidding.

I went to a bakery in the next town over and there was an old man in the line in front of me chatting like crazy to the person behind the counter. I was holding Addie so when he turned around he said to her:

Well hello little girl! You are a cutie! Why don't you pick out a treat. I'll buy it for you.

I said: Oh, no. It's okay. She doesn't need anything. (I had gone there to buy treats.)

Old man: No really. Ask her (pointing to the lady behind the counter).

Lady: Yeah, if there are ever any kids in here when he's here, he buys them all treats.

Realizing that he wasn't going to take "no" for an answer I said: Okay, maybe that pink frosted cookie there. Thank you. That's very nice of you.

Old man: So where do you live?

I told him and he said: So you're one of the people who comes through my town are you? What color is your car so I can throw rocks at you as you drive by?

He he. Okay. Bye old man.

Extreme kindness and profuse hostility all in under 5 minutes.

7 comments:

Naoma said...

That is Hilarious. Buying treats and throwing rocks all in one trip, veeerrrryy interesting. =)

Jessi said...

AAHHH! That's my worst fear- telling THEM where I'm from. I know they hate me every time my kids use THEIR pool at the Legacy Center and add to the crowdation, or I get through the green light on Main Street and THEY don't. I would have cried! Thanks for the warning. :)

Nielson said...

Weirdo! Where were you anyway--does it start with an "L"?? Crazy people.

Tamara with a "T" said...

Now that's funny. I would've totally got along with him.

Knudson Family said...

yikes....you can never be sure about strangers these days.

Allison Claire said...

So did he end up buying the cookie? I would have taken it and ran!

admin. said...

Some times people can be so hard to read. Its hard, you dont want to be rude and then he is rude to you. [Go figure].