Yesterday I saw the cutest old man checking out an old-west themed book at the library. He was probably in his 80s, he had on a cowboy hat and boots. He flung the book down on the desk acting all tough and said, "I need to check out this here book." And I couldn't help but smile as I pictured him in his rocking chair with an afghan on his lap reading about the wild ol' west.
I didn't know old people read books.
Just kidding of course. I know they can still read. I just haven't come in contact with any who read for pleasure. Maybe the real reason is that I am not in contact with hardly any people over 70 and I don't know what anyone older than that is like since all my grandparents have been deceased most of my life. (Except for one who spoke a different language.)
6 comments:
I know where you live, but it sounds like you live in Larame.
Well, this actually took place in Riverton. There is also a Riverton in Wyoming, therefore, it's pretty much the same thing as Laramie.
I know exactly who you are talking about and I swear he lives at the library! He is there EVERY single time I've been. It doesn't matter what day or time, he is there! And he is adorable! And he always makes comments to Nathan about how wonderful it is to see a young man checking out books he wants to read. Adorable!
But I've never thought to notice what he's checking out himself.
And in case you were wondering, he drives a pretty sporty car, not a hick-type truck :)
Your blog is awesome! It is so fun to read. You are such an observant person. I can totally picture this guy and the setting in my head. What a cute guy.
Old people are awesome!!
writer's block officially over. this was excellent.
Post a Comment