Sunday, April 4, 2010

Does that plant have fur?

Yes and no. You are seeing fur here but it did not grow on the plant.

It's one of our kitty's favorite napping places. It's not one of our favorite though. He gets dirt stuck to him and around the plant as you can see on the window sill. One time he even knocked this very plant over onto the couch and floor. Lots of dirt everywhere. I always thought that cats were too small and nimble to do things like knock plants over. I thought that was something a pet dog would do. Now I know.

This is a much cleaner place for him to nap even if though a little strange. (Bathroom sink if you can't tell.)

At night he loves to snuggle. With me only. I don't know why he has chosen me as his snuggle buddy but he has. It's darn cute but it's a little annoying too. I have to move him away from me constantly. It's an all night battle. I feel bad because I want him to be snuggly but just not at 2 a.m.
I tried to make these pictures bigger but I'm not smart enough to figure that out. I think I just needed to draw it bigger. But why are the words so small?! Above is the "pillow hog sleeper"

And here is the "neck smother sleeper". It makes me feel like I'm wearing a vibrating wool scarf. (Vibrates from the purring.) It's a little too warm and a little too loud. If we close our door with him on the outside, he sits by our door and meows and I worry that he will wake everyone up. He's such a sweet little cat but we need to figure out a new plan soon.

6 comments:

Tagen and Eric said...

LOL. Sounds like our cats. I cannot have plants unless they are up high. Moo loves to sleep on my pillow too. He used to sleep on Eric's until he threw him off one day. The joy of a cat. I love them.

Cheeseboy said...

Those are some of the best graphs I have ever seen! Funny.

hey, I see you have The Shins on your playlist. You should check out 'Broken Bells'. It is the lead singer of the Shins doing a side project and it is fantastic stuff.

Tammy said...

I've never seen a cat actually snuggle up with a plant before. Clever cat. Now you need to have him figure out how to turn the sink on and wash the dirt off :).

lindsey v said...

Abe, my sister has the Broken Bells album and I have listened to it a bit. I love that James Mercer!

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

We locked ours in the laundry room with his litter box as a kitten. They meow for awhile but they eventually figure it out and sleep in a cozy spot. After he got older he liked sleeping in my room but he would want out at 2am and I don't like that so he just got used to getting put out when I go to bed.

Mine did the same thing with the pillow except that he likes to sleep right in front of my face and I would open my eyes and there would be two little green eyes staring back at me. He was tickled pink with himself being all snuggled but it still freaked me out! Every time. haha Sorry for the long comment. :o)

)en said...

oh man. i'm fairly certain you should have paintbrush illustrations to go along with every post. busts me up. excellent bird's eye perspective in the 2nd pic.

word verification: lutorsha. baby name?