Monday, June 21, 2010

Addison post

Even after 3 kids, I'm still amazed at how much a baby can learn in her 2 little years of being alive. The things she thinks up! I laugh several times a day at things she says.
She has already mastered the art of crossing her eyes. And she knows how to whistle. I'm pretty sure she's the youngest whistler in the world. (Probably not, but the youngest that I've ever met.)
The other day we were watching one of the Harry Potter movies. It was showing the returned Dark Lord. You know, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. What?! I'm not afraid to actually say his name, I mean it is just a story after all. It was Voldem-m.... Vol... come on, you all know who I'm talking about so what's the point in spelling it out for you? Anyway, the snake-like face came on the screen and I covered Addie's eyes and said,
"This might be too scary for you."
She peeked around my hand for a few seconds, then sat back and put her eyes behind my hand again and said,
"Yep. It's too scary."

During dinner, Brian was talking about someone saying they were a "Debbie Downer". Addie started laughing,
"Hahahaha, Debbie Downer, hahahaha..."
then she paused and said,
"What is Debbie Downer?"

When she wants to play a few minutes longer she counts on her fingers:
"Just one, two, free... W more minutes."
Her 3 little fingers look just like a W.

After doing a few flips on the ground she came and told me that she did a somersault and pepper.

Elli taught her the color 'aquamarine'. She is now always talking about 'auker-wauker green' things. Sometimes she even talks about 'auker-wauker purple'. I don't know what color that is, but it's pretty darn cute to hear her say it.

8 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I love it. Parker is obsessed with water. Every two seconds he says: "Water in there?" "Water in there?" And sometimes there is water but most of the time not. haha

)en said...

somersault & pepper!! :D :D

Knudson Family said...

she is adorable!

Cheeseboy said...

This post was the opposite of a Debbie Downer.

Tammy said...

This is such a fun age and she is the cutest thing Lindsey!!! And I absolutely adore that top picture with the crossed eyes!!!!!!!

sinika said...

She is just as cute as a little tiny button. The big things she says are just icing on top! :)

Nielson said...

I am so impressed that she can whistle! What a cutie! Love that salt and pepper thing she said :)

Brynn said...

A 2 year old whistler! I'm impressed. She sounds quite entertaining.