Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We don't even have to decorate our porch for Halloween

I'll tell you the trick:

Don't sweep your porch for a while. The wind will blow lots of mulch from your flowerbeds up into the corner. Then a husbandless spider will come along and create a massive web and use the mulch pieces to build a nest around herself so she can't be seen. It worked for us.





This miniature monster's home was just inches from our front door.
(To people who come to my house: I promise I will be a better sweeper.)

8 comments:

sinika said...

{SHIVERING!!!!!!}

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

YUCK. She almost looks fake!

Nielson said...

I had a dream/nightmare about a spider like that last night! It's all coming back....UGGHH!!! But, I wouldn't have saved it in a jar, I would have dumped a gallon of insecticide on it.

Melissa said...

Holy Cow! I think I need to call someone to come spray my house! That is horrific :(. I get that mulch build up on my porch... no I am really scared.

Cheeseboy said...

That thing is huge. I would have thought it was a Halloween prop that you bought at the local TArget.

Tammy said...

Isn't that a black widow????????? You are crazy to put it in a jar! YUCK!

)en said...

arrrgghh! so scary. good work! (decorating) (I love that we both blogged about very similar things. you win though.)

lindsey v said...

Jen - great minds think alike.

I noticed that we both wrote about eating brains on Halloween too. But you did it first. And yours definitely looked yummier.