Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th

On Thursday the 3rd we went to the Riverton parade with my family. I had to put out chairs the night before and almost all the spots were taken up already.
Brian and Addie

Elli, Bailey, Trevan, and Ryder

Ben with a cheek full of candy. He ate everything that came to him again. After a while, I told him to stop eating candy so he wouldn't feel sick again. A few minutes later he said, "But they keep throwing candy at me, they don't know that I don't want anymore!" So I tried to tell him that he could maybe SAVE it for another day but after that he just handed them all to me. He could not manage having candy in his sight and not eating it. (He might get that from me.)

Bailey and Elli

Thursday night we watched some fireworks in the driveway and then we slept out in my parents backyard in tents. Well, my family and Jeremy's family. I meant to take a picture of my kids sleeping but I thought the flash would wake them up and so then I was going to take a picture in the morning but I forgot. So no pictures of the campout. My mom made a yummy breakfast for us and then we went to the park for the carnival. We met up with some friends who just moved to Riverton and Elli and Ben were SUPER excited because they love playing with their kids Alexis and Carson. It was hot, hot, HOT!

Ben and Carson

Elli and Alexis
When it got to hot to stand it we went back to my parents to play in the water.


Ryder, Trevan, Ben and Elli - they put soap (body wash and bubbles) on the slip-n-slide so it was extra slippery! Jackie said it was a redneck bath.

That night we watched fireworks in the backyard again.

Elli and Bailey Ben bringing the next firework to be lit.
We stayed up way too late again that night but thankfully we went home to sleep in our own beds. We were exhausted!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

I looks like you all had a lot of fun. Its times like these when I wish we lived there too.