Monday, August 25, 2008
Ben's first day
Ben's in Kindergarten! He was SUPER excited for this day. He kept asking, "How many days until school starts?"
Addie's making a few phone calls before we start walking.
He wanted to wear his "monster shirt". I have a feeling he is going to want to wear it every week. Or maybe twice a week. I'll just have to use the "it's in the wash" excuse. Don't get me wrong, I like the shirt, but I just don't want him to wear it every day.
Ben's friend Wyatt from last year's preschool class.
Waiting in line to go into class. He was so brave! When he got home he said, "I LOVE Kindergarten!" I asked him if he was nervous when he went in and he said, "No." Which is good because he says that a lot. ("I'm nervous.") I heard that every day on the way to preschool last year. Maybe he feels better at this school because his big sister is at the same place and we have walked her to school so much that he has spent a lot of time there. Anyway, he had fun in class. He drew a picture of himself wearing his monster shirt. It was so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh my gosh, I was sure he was older than that! He looks mature for his age.
I bet he is so excited!! I think Nathan (Mike's kid) might be in his class, who is his teacher?
No way! His teacher is Mrs. Kunze. Let me know if he's in that class. That would be cool!
Lindsey! This is Tammy (Chelsea's sister-in-law and Mike's wife). I hope you don't think I'm a big blog stalker (though I am) but I like to check your blog every so often because it's fun. I thought I recognized you at school today but I was a bit teary-eyed at the moment and then you were gone. Nathan is in Mrs Kunze's class too! I'll have to ask him if he's met Ben yet. How fun!
That is so fun Tammy! I can't believe that! I'll look for you tomorrow!
Hopefully you won't see me :) because that means I felt safe enough to not check on him! He takes the bus but yesterday I had to see exactly how things work. I hate just sending him away :(. Do you plan to volunteer in the class??
I wanted to show Ben a picture of Nathan to see if he knew him but I noticed your blog is private. :( Maybe you can e-mail me a picture of him. lindsey_vangoo@hotmail.com
I signed up to volunteer every once in a while. I loved going into my daughters class when she was in Kindergarten and seeing all the kids she talked about. Are you volunteering?
Ben is getting so big. He looks so grown up. I remember when he was a little chubby baby at Eric and I's wedding.
Oh! Linds...I remember when Cass went to Kindergarten and after she walked into class, I kind of started crying a little. It was so exciting and sad at the same time for me. Kids grow up so fast. Yesterday, Cass asked me if she could live with me and Dave forever. She said that she never wants to move out. I love it!!!
Post a Comment