Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I only like tasting part of the rainbow


I really don't like yellow skittles. But I always eat them. I guess I feel like if I want my favorites, (red and purple) then I have to eat the ones I don't like too. I don't want to make other people eat only yellow ones so I don't pick around them. But they are just horrible. I try to mix them with other flavors to make them taste better. They don't. So I finally decided today that I am just going to throw them away. Why make myself eat them when I don't like them? It's just extra sugar that I didn't even enjoy eating. No more! I must enjoy my sugar!

9 comments:

rachel said...

That is always my goal, only eat candy that I really love! Problem is, there is just so much that I love!

Jessi said...

Way to take a stand! You go girl!

Chelsea said...

I hate the yellow ones too... I don't eat them and I don't feel bad. I always tell Josh when he teases me about picking through my food...I am not going to waste my calories on the ones that aren't good!! He always gives me crap when I am eating french fries.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I do the same thing. I don't like chocolate if it doesn't have something in it: nuts, caramel, p'nut butter... MMmm!

sinika said...

That's the same with me and donuts and cookies- if it doesn't have chocolate, then I won't waste the calories. But I never eat skittles one by one, always just a bunch at once. ;)

lindsey v said...

I eat mine a bunch at once too. But one flavor will ruin the whole handful.

Sticht Fam said...

I hear you! I do the same thing--mixing them with other colors, hoping they will taste better. I don't like green or yellow. Thanks for inspiration! Maybe next time I'll throw them out. Sometimes I just give the yucky candy to my kids. They don't care.

Tamara with a "T" said...

i love this because it is so true! I hate yellow skittles and I hate yellow and green sour patch kids. I wonder if we both made this candy goal on the same day? I swear I just made up my mind that I was done with yellow.

Cassie said...

I don't mind skittles so much, but red starbursts? Ick! I always leave the red and orange for Tim... he doesn't really appreciate me for it.