A little look-back on Ben's 6 years of life:
I hate not having a scanner so these are of course pictures of pictures which = blurry.
For his birthday, he opened presents first thing in the morning and then went and hung out at my sister Sinika's house. Later on I was asking him what he wanted me to make for his birthday dinner and he said, "Something with garlic bread... Pizza". Well, I couldn't argue with having that for dinner all I have to do to make that is press 7 numbers into the phone. I asked him if he wanted me to make a cake or cupcakes and he said, "Nah, I don't want any of those."
"Do you want an ice cream cake or a pie?"
"No."
"Well, you have to have something. Ice cream sandwiches?"
"Well, you have to have something. Ice cream sandwiches?"
"Yeah, okay."
Every time we started singing Happy Birthday to him he would say, "Stop! You can't sing that until it's time to eat the ice cream sandwiches!"
Luckily we had super skinny candles that fit right into the ice cream sandwich holes.
Ben makes me laugh every day of my life, he is so funny and silly. The other day I asked him if he wanted to come out and play in the snow while I shoveled and he said, "No." and a few seconds later, "Aww, who am I kiddin'." and he went to put on his boots and coat and came out with me.
He LOVES robots and wants to be a roboticist when he grows up. He is so snuggly and fun. Happy birthday cute boy!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Ben! (from Nathan)
I love that he wanted ice cream sandwiches instead of cake! What a funny kid! And even funnier that you had candles to go with it!!!
I'm shocked to see that picture of you and Ben as a baby! He was a big kid! I hadn't thought about putting pictures of Nathan from the past 6 years so thanks for reminding me!
Happy Birthday Ben! I LOVE his icecream sandwich cake! So cute, they sure grow up fast don't they?
awww, who am I kiddin!! Sooo Funny! It made me Laugh!
What a cutie! Happy Birthday to him!
Happy Birthday Bennykins! I love hearing what he has to say... every time he says something it seems so profound for coming out of such a little boy. But now he's six I guess. :) Elliott liked seeing the pics of the special cake and asked why he didn't go to his party.
Happy Birthday Ben! When he has a Mom that makes his day special who cares that it's right by Christmas?! I love that when given the choice he didn't even want cake! I should start asking my kids what they really want.
I can't believe he's six! Holy cow I remember when that little guy was just the cutest chubby baby ever... Time goes way too fast. Happy birthday Ben!
wow I am a slacker reading your blog!!! I totally remember ben in the first few pictures. He was the CUTEST chubbiest little guy ever! I cant believe he is already 6!!! Where does the time go??
Post a Comment