I know a lot of people don't like to hear about other people's dreams so I don't mind if you skip this post. I used to annoy my sister with my morning recounts of my nightly dream. I'm sure I went into way too many vague details. (And then we weren't at home anymore, but I don't know where we were... And someone else was there but I don't know who it was...) But the other night I had such a strange dream and it was so clear.
I was at a beach and I was up on a hill so I could see down into the water. A lot of people were swimming and I looked to the left in the water and I saw a shark. Right as I yelled, "SHARK!" the shark zoomed over right into the group of people. Everyone scrambled out as fast as they could but one man had his foot bitten off.
Afterward I was in a beach shack where I was staying with two other girls. We had the foot in with us. Don't ask me why. Maybe we were the beach doctors. There was no blood at all, it kind of looked like a mannequin foot. Another funny thing (funny as in strange) was that it was cut smoothly off a few inches above the ankle. The shark must have had a nice straight bite and also must not have swallowed. But I was holding the foot and as the other girls were talking I wondered what the foot would taste like. I took a bite right out of the heel. It was hard, kind of like styrofoam or rubber. So it sat in my mouth for half a second before I spit it out. Then I was nervous that the girls would see that I had taken a bite so I had to hide the foot and the piece of heel in my drawer and then try to figure out how I could get rid of them forever.
Yeah, that was my dream. Does it mean I am psychotic? Do I have a tendency for cannibalism? Will I regret posting this on the world wide web? I don't know what my crazy subconscious was thinking. I have always had such vivid dreams (except for when I didn't know where I was or who I was with). Last night I was dreaming about construction on Redwood Rd. Oooh. Don't wake me from that dream. Let it stretch on and on in dreamy happiness.
7 comments:
Alright, that was downright hilarious. And gross. I have very vivid dreams, too. I am always wondering if they were trying to tell me something. Maybe you need to stay away from people's feet....;)
I agree, totally funny! I also have vivid dreams! And I am going to steal this post idea from you to tell mine! Cute idea!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are not psycho---and that you do not have a tendency for cannibalism...at least I hope not :) Because my dreams are definetly disturbing--I'd even say worse--and I hope there is no symbolism behind them!
Reading all the comments- it seems that a lot of girls have very detailed dreams... I wonder if it is a girl thing because the ones Adam remembers of his are very few. But I especially like pregnant dreams... CRAZY!!
We're laughing outloud, (My daughter and I) I'm glad I'm not the only one with psycho dreams. But I think Carbs cause weird dreams...because I was on the atkins diet for 2 weeks last year and I didn't have 1 crazy dream the entire time.
Maybe you're pregnant :) "Experts" say you have strange and vivid dreams during pregnancy.
Construction on Redwood Road is a nightmare not a dream!
I love that you posted a dream and I'm going to steal this idea too!
Love it! I had the craziest dream the other night...I have been inspired as well, I'm posting it! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment