When I was little, I thought that all boys were loud, dirty, mean and bad. Except for my brothers. But every other boy. Boy was I wrong. So wrong.
I now know that boys are soooo sweet and loving and kind.
They love their mommy and daddy.
They want to do the right thing.
They feel sad when others feel sad.
They feel proud and happy when they clean their room.
They love to make people laugh.
They are very creative with their imaginations and their Legos.
They love kitties and puppies.
They get nervous when they have to give a talk in primary.
They are smart.
And they love to sleep with their stuffed animals! So cute! Ben normally sleeps with just one stuffed animal at night. He switches them out so that they each get a turn. But this night he decided to have all three at once.
Okay, so maybe my little boy doesn't LOVE taking a bath (until he's in and then he doesn't want to get out). And he can't comprehend what the word "whisper" means... but I love my little guy to bits and pieces and I hope that I can help him grow up to be a good, kind person.
6 comments:
I gotta agree, I never liked boys but having one makes you change your mind. They canbe so tender and sweet. (and also loud and crazy!) =)
I never realized how sensitive and thoughtful and snuggly little boys can be either! Love Benny's tenderness too- so cute!
Lindsey I don't think all little boys are like the one you described so if you ever doubt what kind of mother you are you can always look at Ben and know you're doing so many things right! He's a super kid!!
I agree! I wanted Amanda to have a girl, but when she had Parker, he was just the cutest baby I had ever seen. I figure if I can love my nephew this much, my own children will be loved twice as much: boy or girl.
My boy was so sweet when he was little and now that he's a teenager I see glimpses of that little boy. I hope when he's grown he'll return to 100% sweetness.
Boys are so sweet. Ben is so cute!
Post a Comment