Thursday, April 30, 2009

I finally did it!

I finally made some strawberry freezer jam. I've been wanting to for years and I keep asking my mom how it's made and I keep forgetting. Finally, I bought a big box of strawberries and I knew that we weren't going to eat them all before they went bad. So I got a couple boxes of Sure-Jell and it had the recipe in it. It was so fast and easy. I'm definitely doing this every year. Now I just need to make some homemade bread to put it on.

10 comments:

Jody said...

I have wanted to give this a try too. I have a really good recipe for homemade bread. Make it every week. If you want it send me an email bleudolphin@comcast.net

Naoma said...

That is something that I have wanted to do for forever too... But still haven't gotten to it! Looks yummy!

rachel said...

You should sell it... how much?!

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

This was the first year that I've tried making freezer jam too. I have a feeling that its going to go fast. I also made some strawberry fruit roll-ups last night, they're still cooking. I hope they turn out.

Chelsea said...

yay, I love homemade jam!! :)

Brynn said...

You inspired me. I went and got strawberries and made jam today. Looks yummy!

Kenzy said...

That looks sooo good. We need to do that at our house sometime soon. Thanks for the great idea.

Elisabeth said...

I tried to make it last year...didn't quite work right. We ended up using it in our smoothies. It was still yum though. Maybe I'll try again. Did you make some bread?

Allison Claire said...

I tried to comment on this the other day, but my google log-in was being weird, anyway, look at you homemaker! It looks delicious! You can box up some and send to AZ if you would like, pretty please...

Tamara with a "T" said...

That loos so yummy! I want to make some now. Hey we should have a jam making party...that would be fun :)