My dad died in 1979 when I was just 19 months old. My sister Sinika was 2 days old. I have no memories of him. But a year or two ago I had a dream that I got to talk to him. I was an adult but I saw my older sisters running around as little girls. I think my dad knew then that he had cancer and that he was going to die. I could see the worry in his eyes as he watched his kids. I don't remember anything that was said in the dream but it felt so real that it seems almost like a memory. I've always wondered what it would be like to look at his face and talk to him. How tall he would be, what his voice would sound like, the exact color of his eyes, all of that. So although it was just a silly dream I hope that I remember it forever.
8 comments:
What a sweet dream! I love that--and for the record, I think you look just like him!
Cute picture. I wish we could record dreams and watch them like movies. He looks a lot like Eric.
Wow! You do look like him! I didn't know you were so young when he passed away. I think it's great that you were able to have a dream that felt so real.
Hi Linds,
I had a dream as a kid that I thought was real, so I held on to for all this time. Now it doesn't matter if it was real or not. What does matter is that we remember the big picture.
I was just talking to my mom during one of our Sunday conversations and she mentioned your dad and how both you and sinika were so young. I hadn't ever realized that. What's great is that you do get to talk to him again someday!
Lindsey, I remember a few things about your Dad. He had a really soft voice like Merlin and seemed very gentle. I remember riding with him and my Dad, Ari and think my brother Marv out to see Antelope island and the Salt flats, he gave me a stick of cinnamon gum. I remember visiting your house in Missoula and your Mom made cream puffs with chicken salad. (I think it was the first time, I ever had that)now when I make those - I always think of that. Your Dad had this huge train set up, it looked like a mini-city. I remember your dad drove a vw bus. One time your parents came to our house in N. Salt Lake, and I have a picture somewhere that has Ari, Michelle, Lisa, Marv, Me, Bentley, Kristy and Stephen sitting on our couch in our feetie pajamas. Good-times!!
Those types of dreams are gifts. You do look like your dad. What a beautiful photo. I love old photos.
He wasn't as tall as I always thought he was (of course, I was seven, so...). Anyway, I have his driver's license issued in 1977 and it showed that he was 5'8" and 150 lbs.
And, as I said in your Facebook post, I think Ari sounds a LOT like him.
Post a Comment