Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not an alien

I had my little boy last Wednesday. A human boy.
His name is Will. Brian and I both have grandpas named William but we just decided on Will. Why just Will? Well, I have a 13 letter and 5 syllable last name. 13 letters! That's half the alphabet! So we like to keep the first names short and simple around here.

The kids are excited. Maybe a better word for how Addie is feeling is "indifferent" about it all.

But Ben is the most excited of all. He is so excited that he now has a brother to play Legos with. I told him he still has to wait a few years. Or seven years. He says he knows.

Oh and these little blankets are so cool. They're like mini straight-jackets made out of fleece and velcro. I know, it sounds so mean to bind them all up like this. But when one's flailing arms are the reason for waking oneself up from sleep then the best thing to do is to strap one's arms down.

14 comments:

Kenzy said...

He is such a gorgeous baby. Congratulation!!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Lindsey!!!!!!! I can't believe it's taken you a week to let some of us know! I hope you and Will are doing well. He's BEAUTIFUL!

I've never seen a blanket like that but I would have used it too. My sister actually swaddled her kids until they were 2!

Unknown said...

congrats he is darling. love that blanket too, and Will is a darling name. now you have the perfect family 2 boys and 2 girls! :)

Cheeseboy said...

An alien he is most definitely NOT! Congratulations Lindsay. Very cool and he is quite cute.

Cassie said...

Congrats Lindsey! He's such a handsome little guy. No aliens at your house. 4 gorgeous kiddos!

Kate said...

YAY! He is here! Congrats. He is so tiny and adorable. I am excited for Ben to have a lego buddy too. Brothers are the best!

sinika said...

What a little cutie! I forgot to tell you that Benny and Elli both were little helpers for Linc and Addie yesterday. They'll be good big sibs.

Elisabeth said...

So cute. Love his name. I loved those swaddle/straight jackets. Best things ever.

)en said...

What the crap! Holy cuteness. I was just going to comment and ask you when you were going to have your little alien. He's adorable, and Will is a GREAT name. Two thumbs up. Good work across the board.

mandi said...

You know, the V's look like humans too...

J/K - he's so cute!! Congrats!

Jessi said...

Lindsey, he is adorable!! I love the picture of Will and Ben! We're so happy for you guys!

lindsey v said...

Great Mandi- I forgot about that. I guess if his human skin starts peeling off THEN I'll know for sure.

Kaarina said...

Congrats! He is absolutley beautiful...love it.

KrazzyMind said...

sweet !