Saturday, December 4, 2010

Will's amazing trip - Part 1

Ever since he was born, Baby Will has wanted to go to Hawaii. You're supposed to give kids everything they want, right? So we had to go. We went last month. We were having such a beautiful, warm Utah Fall and I thought I would miss all the beauty of it. But it turned out that it was a good time to go. We missed the first official snow storm.

The first thing on Will's agenda - was to take a nap.

Aren't airplanes so comfortable to sleep in? Aaahhh....
We finally made it to the island of Kona! It was a beautiful 72 degrees there every day. And it wasn't even humid like I imagined. I mean, I definitely noticed that my hands didn't crack and dry up like at home but it wasn't overly moist in the air.





The next thing Will wanted to do was to get his feet into the ocean. He couldn't believe he was actually touching something so vast and expanse.


Three different times, different groups of Taiwanese people wanted to take pictures of Will. A few gestured to hold him and I let them and they took pictures of each other holding him and passed him on to others. I really wish that I would have taken pictures of them taking pictures of him but I was too busy laughing at the craziness of them passing him to the next person to get a picture. I told Brian later that, yeah, if I was in Taiwan, I would probably have the urge to take a picture of a cute little Taiwanese baby but I would never dare. He said, well now you know you can.

By the time the sun set that first day, Will still couldn't believe he was actually in Hawaii.

6 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Ooh...what a fun trip. Can't wait to see part 2....and part 3? Will is adorable!

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

How fun...I want to go so bad and see where our Dads hung out in their early years.

Tammy said...

I've never been to Hawaii so thanks for sharing photos! It looks beautiful!

Nielson said...

Lucky Will! He's so spoiled :) I've never been myself--my parents weren't quite as giving I guess.... It looks amazing!

sinika said...

I'm glad Baby Will's wish finally came true! (He's been mentioning it even to me for a few months now...)

Melissa said...

What an awesome trip baby Will went on. I am so jealous. I love the sunset pictures... they are amazing!