Thursday, December 23, 2010
Will's trip - Part 4 - Final Installment
What? Is it Christmas time already? And I'm just barely finishing Will's vacation posts. Well, I am behind. I'd better put the brakes on all of this summer stuff. I'll switch gears after this and rev my engine a few times. I'm pretty sure I'll need an oil change though. (That reminds me, I do need an oil change in my real life car.) All this rain we're having these days has me confused. It doesn't seem like Christmas. Anyway, here are Will's final moments in Hawaii:
He took one last nap on the beach.
Will wanted to bring home some lava rock for his big brother and sisters. But I guess it's bad luck to take lava rock unless you ask the volcano itself if it's OK. We didn't do that so we had to settle on a picture of the rocks and tossed them back onto the beach. (I really wanted to still take the rocks and chance it but the locals there said that people mail the rocks back all the time cause they have bad things happen when they get home. So Brian wouldn't let me or Will bring any back.)
Will said goodbye to the turtles.
He got sandy little toes one last time.
And he watched the sun set in Hawaii for the final time.
It seemed like the next thing he knew, he was back home and hand delivering all of his souvenirs to Elli, Ben and Addie. They were so glad to see him.
I think after Will got home he had sort of a post-vacation low. Cause he wanted me to pull up the hotel webcam ALL THE TIME just to see what was going on there at that moment. Had the sun come up yet? Was it a windy day? Was it busy, or empty? He has finally stopped asking me to pull it up anymore so I think he's settled back into regular life now. It was certainly a once in a lifetime experience and I'm sure this will be a trip that this little guy will never forget...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He had a better vacation at age one than I have had my entire life.
Post a Comment