There is a bird that likes to chirp outside my window in the middle of the night. It's not a light, nonchalant chirping. It seems like it's either a "Danger! Everyone beware!" chirp or a "Hey, everyone, night is halfway over! Let's all wake up!" chirp. Over and over. Constant and loud. I hear it around 3:00 am. And 4:00. And 5:00. Five o'clock is a little more acceptable even if it's still early. But three?! That is not a time to be chirping. It's not an owl cause I know what owls sound like. Is it a nightingale? It's definitely not a dayingale, that's for sure.
Okay, so I just looked up what a nightingale sounds like and it sounds kind of similar but it's probably not. My bird - wait, I don't want to call it that. The bird that sits in a tree that is near my window every single night sounds more urgent. Plus I'm not sure if nightingales live in Utah.
Thank goodness for ceiling fans. I can almost drown the sound out. But really birdie, don't you just want to sleep sometimes?
2 comments:
You should get a noise machine. Maybe one that makes the sound of chirping birds?
Seriously, time to break out the BB gun.
This is soo funny to me because the morning after I read this, there was this bird outside my window making a ton of racket. I was quite he was trying to alert someone to some HUGE emergency but I knew better than that. I wanted to shoot him pretty bad. I've never run over an animal in my car though, so he was saved by my need to not hurt another living being. Otherwise he would've met my dads new assault rifle! A bit of an overkill but in this situation, its warranted. Sorry for the long comment! Can't sleep....
Post a Comment