Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chopsticks



I was just thinking about chopsticks. I love using them. They are so fun. But only in a restaurant. I don't know why. I use them in a Chinese restaurant and they're so fun and novel and then I bring my leftovers home with extra chopsticks to use the next day... and I can't use them. I get impatient or something. I'm like, what? give me a fork, I don't have time for these. I'm pretty good with them. I'm not impatient in the restaurant. It's really weird. Maybe I only like them with fancy Chinese dishes. Maybe all the dishes and smells and sounds and wall decorations just match up with chopsticks. My dishes, smells, sounds and wall decorations match with forks. My kids use two hands with them (held like drum sticks) and try to pick up one noodle and it always falls off before they can get it to their mouths. I always try to show them how to put their fingers so that they can use them and they just get mad cause they can't do it. Then I saw these little things: (at Kangaroo Zoo of all places (which you should not go to because your kids will get pink eye))
And thought that it would be fun to get these for them so that they can just focus on squeezing and not on how to balance where their fingers go and how tight to hold in which places. They're made of plastic so they're reusable. I really want them. For my kids to use in a restaurant of course. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HI! It was so fun to see you found my blog! HOW ARE YOU? YOUR KIDS ARE SOO BIG!!! I can't believe how old Ellie is! 7?? WOW! and Ben is 5? Has it really been that long? Your baby Addie is way cute too! I love her eyes!!

I just barely found my friend Cyndi's blog this week. I went to high school with her and I found her on facebook. I am glad I found her so you could find me! :)

you can email me anytime anewton16@msn.com

it was good seeing you last month. you asked to see Anika but I didn't even THINK to see your kids! that was rude!

LOVE your blog! so fun to see pictures of your darling family again. I will now have to add it to my "blog list"

Chelsea said...

Chopsticks huh...you know I have never been able to use those stupid things. Maybe I will have to get me some of those little kids ones. Chinese does sound good, maybe we should go to lunch so you can teach me how to use those suckers!!

lindsey v said...

Oh man, lets go! I haven't been for a while. Kind of cravin' it.

Chelsea said...

Me too call me, maybe we can to tomorrow with the kids in tow!